Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back in Oz

Well, it's been a long month in Bali. The yoga teacher training was quite intense, around 9 hrs a day, much of which was spent sitting on the floor attempting to absorb as much information as possible. It was quite challenging in ways I did not expect and there was a lot of 'stuff' coming up for people to be released. Overall, I think we all got a lot out of it :-)

Group yoga on the beach... :-)
I learned a lot about yoga, particularly about how it is an individual practice for exploring the potential of movement in body and connecting the body and conscious/unconscious mind through the breathe. Yoga is really is about taking what you learn about yourself on the mat and applying it in daily life.

Yes I have actually been doing some work ;-)
Post blessing ceremony at graduation

In attempting to leave Bali many of us encountered issues when due to numerous public holidays, our visa extensions had not been processed meaning our passports were held up somewhere in immigration :-(

Needing to reschedule my flight turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I was able to spend a couple of days learning some of the basics of Thai yoga massage…just about my favourite thing ever! :-)

Thai massage awesomeness! Finding my 'chill-asana' :-)
I have just arrived in Darwin, first time in Australia since February. First shock was paying $10 for a coffee and water……OMG!!! Will jump on a train to Alice Springs in the next few hours…off to see a giant rock in the middle of this island ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment